I volunteered to make the treat bags for Candice's Kindergarten class this year. It was somewhat time consuming for my schedule, but the end result was so worth it! They turned out SO cute! What do you think?
These are my starting materials:
- Enough white cotton fabric to make 22 6x8 bags. (The teacher purchased more than enough materials!)
- Thin black ribbon
- a sewing machine
- white felt for hands
- white thread
- black fabric paint
The task itself is fairly simple.
- Cut the material 2x as long as you would like the bag to be when finished.
- Cut out felt hands for each Boo Bag.
- Fold in half inside out placing the "hands" on the inside of your bag securing with pins. (this is the most confusing part. lay them so when you turn your bag RIGHT SIDE OUT they are on the outside of the bag.)
- Sew up 2 long sides of the bag.
- Then hem the top with enough room to thread ribbon through.
- Turn right side out.
- Cut a 1/2 inch hole in hem for ribbon. (I used a Bobbkin to thread my Ribbon; it's much faster than many alternatives!)
- Paint eyes and nose on the front for the face. (Get creative with those eyes, it's more fun that way!)
Here is the end result!
What a great way to hand out treats to your party guests!