Saturday, June 20, 2009

Garden of 2009

Well, my experience as a gardener is shining! I have no experience! HAHA! I planted my garden on April 25th--my vegetable garden that is. Every night I go outside and Ii pray over my garden. I know that may sound strange, but I am praying that God will bless it and my efforts so that I don't get dicouraged and not want to kepp it around next year. From reading, I have learned that the longer you garden in the same spot the soil becomes richer and in return the garden grows better. So I anticipate a fair to poor first year in comparison. I am backed up on my blogging endevour, so I do have new pictures to add--but here is what it looked like at day 1.After about a month, I saw some growth, but not like what I had thought. After a month and a half, I decided to replant some things. It was strange because, though the birds did get some of my seeds there were also seeds that just never germinated. You can see the green tomato growing! (its exactly in the center) The bottom picture has the corn and my composted corner where mysterious things are growing! I couldn't tell when the picture was taken if it was going to be squash, zucchini or pumpkins growing.

Since these were taken I have added a fence and there is a lot more growth in some other areas. There is a rabbit that hops around the edge of the garden. He has not gone in up til now but I am not taking chances, so I put up a fence! I will post more pictures in the next day or so. The progress is sure, we will definately be eating from the garden!

No comments: