Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Looking ahead!

There is much going on in the month of June, and it can not come soon enough! I have approximately 10 days left of single parenting, which in its own is the greatest blessing and also comes with much anxiety. Why the anxiety you ask? Well, you be "in charge" for 6 months straight and then hand it over to someone else to "do it right"--not as easy as it would seem.
So the month of JUNE!! aaahhh yes, exciting adventures ahead. We are going to spend 4 days in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains enjoying the scenery, Dollywood, shopping, eating, swimming, (hopefully) some hiking and best of all, each other! The week after that Clayton will be headed off to his own fun-filled week of Bible camp in Tennessee. This will be his 2nd year at sleep away camp, and he is STOKED!! He also promises not to cry or get homesick at all! I doubt he will this year. Its A.MAZ.ING. how much personal growth happens during 2nd grade!!  Once camp is over we will have to take another trek to Tennessee to pick him up, so the driving is nice for conversations!! Then *I* am going on a 4 day holiday with a friend of mine. We are headed to Lancaster, PA. Its been 2 years since I have taken holiday without family or not because I HAD to for a responsibility of sorts. So, needless to say I am SO looking forward to that!!

Beyond vacations, I am very excited to see where the Lord is going to lead our family before the month's out. There is a crossroads ahead of us and quickly approaching. It's somewhat scary and unnerving, but at the same time I have a peace about it that is unexplainable. That is a gift from God. We have met these crossroads before and just as now it was peaceful then, and at that time was the BEST decision we could have made! I am looking forward to the next.
I am also looking forward to getting back to my crafty side over the summer. there are several things on the list and these couple new blogs I have been reading do not help my patience in having to wait to get started! I am also going to venture out and attempt a new idea...I do really think it could bring a good income; the dedication to it will be key. I can't share much of it now, but I will let you in on things little by little! :)


One more exciting thing...to me anyway... I have a tan! woohoo! haha!

No comments: