Monday, November 7, 2011

Trick or Treat

We went trick or treating for about 45 minutes this year. Not as long as in years past, but long enough for a school night! The kids always have fun, and I must admit I do too. Halloween was always fun as a kid for me. My mom would help us design our own costumes. We NEVER bought 1 costume EVER! I am amazed at how many people don't come up with their own costumes anymore; everyone buys one. I guess its convenient and quite possibly cheaper for some when found on great deals...but for me, we just do whatever is available. I do love making their costumes. As a kid I remember being a Cowboy, an old fat man, an old lady, Pippi Longstocking (my favorite!), Mertle Erckle (my friend was Steve Erckle that year!), a pregnant lady....there were so many more, but I won't bore you!
So this year my kids (except Corbett) decided on their own what they were going to be. They didn't want my help thinking up something. Which is fine..and this year kind of a blessing, because I have had a lot on my plate!




 If you are wondering what Candice is watch this!

No comments: