Thursday, February 2, 2012

Not original ideas, but inspired!

 This wreath cost me under $7 to make! I love it because there is NO glue holding any of it together! My front door takes a beating from the sun in the afternoon. The sun melts any glue i have tried to use. So why not try knots instead! Clearance fabric (a cotton liner from Hancock Fabrics), a "grapevine" wreath from the dollar tree, and 1 favorite floral stem 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby! My inspiration came from here, Thanks Kristy!
This project cost me less than $2.00! That's right, Folks, $2.00!!! It is 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. I got the piece of wood from a friend (free), 2 pieces of scrapbook paper for $0.59 total, Elmer's glue mixed with water (Had it), 1 piece music scrap paper $0.26, and 1 cocoa colored piece of card stock for $0.49. I used a friend's Xyron to cut the letters. Decoupaged everything on and stained around the edges with some stain i found in my husband's stash! I love it! Its hanging in my bathroom! A great quote to start the day! My inspiration came from a pin on Pinterest! See what the original looks like here.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Abbey - Your wreath is awesome... I love the fabric you chose and especially love the price tag! Thanks for the shout out :)