Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Favorite Song!

This has become my favorite song, Amazing Grace. The words are so good to the original hymn, but the new "version" really speaks to me in such a deeper way. Whenever it comes on the radio, i tell everyone to be quiet. I have really been meditating alot on "just WHY did Jesus save ME?" I am so much of a nobody--just a big fat sinner. I don't have much to offer, but i wanna give everything. God's grace and mercy has become so much more than i can take in. It is overwhelming to me that i am loved so much by my Saviour. There is nothing i can do to make Him love me any more or any less! He is Amazing and so is His grace!

Here are the lyrics and a link to hear it if you never have!

"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"
Amazing graceHow sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see'
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

g is amazing! We visited a new church this past Sunday and a lady sang this while communion was offered and I was in tears thinking of the sacrifice Christ made on my behalf and the freedom I know have because of HIM! Amazing

Cathy said...

"I am so much of a nobody--just a big fat sinner. I don't have much to offer, but i wanna give everything."

Sorry, God didn't create nobody's and he certainly didn't sacrifice his Son for nobody's. You're an incredible woman making a difference in the world raising children who will make a difference. You have the most important job on earth.

Sorry for the sermonette, but I use to think the same way, I know the subject very well. I no longer think the same way. I am a child of the King (PTL!!!),saved by His grace and He loves me and wants good things for me...you...everyone!

Yes, we stumble, sin, mess up, but we're human and b/c of His Amazing Grace, He forgives and we have fresh starts every second of the day without living in condemnation.

Love ya,
Cathy

~Abbey~ said...

thanks for the encouragement, Cathy! Love you back!

Tia said...

amazing grace...no matter what version always brings tears to my eyes!

Mrs. Peek said...

Abbey, Thanks so much for sharing this. Amazing Grace has always been a favorite of mine. I LOVE the Chris Tomlin version. Enjoy the extra days with Clayton.
Jill